A record 4.8 million people nearly won the South African National Lottery grand prize of R6.5 million this weekend – the largest number of almost-winners in the Lottery’s history.
These results for the South African National Lottery (Lotto, Lotto Plus, Powerball, SportStake) are updated regularly, please check back. Related Articles:Europe – EuroJackpotDraw Date: 04-03-2016Draw Results: 2/5/10/13/28 +3;10Next Draw Date: … Ukraine – MegalotDraw Date: 05-03-2016Draw Results: 5/10/17/20/25/38 +8Next Draw Date: … First French lotteryKing Francis I of France authorized the first French lottery, the […]
Related Articles:Aug 25, 2013: All or Nothing game back on sale todayAfter the Texas Lottery shut down All or Nothing for nearly 3 months, sales for … Alabama senator introduces competing lottery proposalAlabama Sen. Jim McClendon, R-Springville, laid out a competing proposal … Mega-SenaLatest Result: 15-16-34-42-46-59Next Jackpot: R$ 7,500,000Draw date: …
Want to play a National Lottery, but improve your chances of winning drastically? Related Articles:Kansas – Super Kansas CashDraw Date: 05-03-2016Draw Results: 1/20/24/31/32 +25>>> Buy your Ticket Now Atlantic Lottery insiders claim 5% of jackpots worth $10K or moreLottery retailers can automatically mark their draw-based lottery ticket, such … FLORIDA LOTTERY HAS BEST AUGUST ON […]
Welcome to our redesigned website where you can play the South African Lottery and other National Lottos online. Instead of finding and traveling to a local vendor, and then standing in line to buy a lottery ticket, you instead play the lotto via the Internet from the comfort of your own home or computer (anywhere […]
The Birth of the South African National Lottery
- In 1995, the South African Government initiated the process of launching the National Lottery, with the publication of the Main Report on Gambling (RP 85/1995).
- In 1996, the Minister of Trade and Industry, Mr. Alec Erwin, invited companies to bid for the right to operate the National Lottery.
- In 1997, Parliament passed the National Lotteries Act (No 57 of 1997)
- On 06 November 1997, President Nelson Mandela assented to the Act.
- In 1998, Minister Alec Erwin appointed the National Lotteries Board (NLB), the industry regulator, in accordance with the Act.
- In June 1999, the NLB recommended its choice to Minister Erwin.